Sunday, March 29, 2009

Nova and Pitt

Free throws win games. It's a simple, but true statement-ask Memphis in last year's championship.

Villanova at the charity stripe: 22-23
Pitt: 21-29

Final Score: Villanova 78 Pittsburgh 76

If you missed this game, you missed a real thriller. I would recommend flipping it to ESPN for the highlights. I am not going to ruin it for you because I wouldn't do it justice, flip on Sportscenter. My only problem was at the end, how does Pitt allow Villanova's Scottie Reynolds to do what he did and in the amount of time he did it in. It was a little Gonzaga-esque from a week ago. DeJuan Blair had a fantastic game only to be ended by a bone headed play and not stopping Scottie Reynolds with 00.5 seconds left. Step up, move your feet, and win the game in over time

Hats off to Scottie Reynolds and Dante Cunningham for their performances in knocking off Pitt and completely screwing up the rest of my bracket.

No comments:

Post a Comment