Saturday, March 28, 2009

Why Is The NFL Draft Such A Big Deal?

The NFL draft isn't until the summer.....last I checked it had barely turned spring.

I understand why the baseball draft isn't popular-60+ rounds.
The NBA draft is a big deal, but I understand that one. The NBA draft is only 2 rounds and is over in 3 hours. The analysts on TV do not make the NBA draft a big deal until the draft nears.
The NFL draft has 7 rounds. I understand that the first day is the biggy and gets most of the attention. The sports websites such as ESPN, Fox, and NFL.com, all have mock first round drafts and player by player coverage on who will be the first over all pick: Mark Sanchez or Matt Stafford. The mock drafts all change from week to week, so why follow the latest draft news so closely? I can put up with the same sports story in moderation just like anyone else, but the NFL draft is way over done. If it were up to me it wouldn't even be mentioned until June. I am content with finding out who my favorite team will draft, WHEN THEY ACTUALLY DRAFT THEM. I will care who is the first overall draft pick WHEN THEY ARE ACTUALLY DRAFTED.

On a lighter note I haven't heard much out of Terrell Owens, Brett Favre, Manny Ramirez, or A-Rod lately. Thank the lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment